• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Newbidor!

flamchop

65/65
I got my new humidor from cheaphumidors.com last week and finally got it all seasoned and ready to go. I snapped some pics. I do believe I got an "imperfect" as I really lowballed an offer to Dave which he accepted. There is a nick or two but for the price I paid, they don't bother me at all. Really not noticable on the outside but one of the bars that holds the top tray is nicked up. Take a look at the pick and let me know if that's something that is bad for the humi or my sticks and I should return it, or if it will be no harm whatsoever. To me, since it's just the rail that holds the tray and not part of the seal of spanish cedar itself around the outside, it seems to be okay and doesn't bother me.

Anyway here's my collection so far... the bottom sections sadden me, I need to acquire more so it doesn't look so barren!

humi.jpg

toptray.jpg

Here you can see where the rail is chipped a little bit. The white bits are from the bead tubes.. I think one of them has a couple chipped beads in it, didn't notice them until I took this pic.

bottomtray.jpg

Reading 62%, but was a steady 65% when I first opened it.

digi.jpg

Nice! Waaaaaay too SMALL though! :0 :laugh: :rolleyes:

Ha I know I know. I really only smoke 1-3 per week, and I told myself if this thing got filled up for whatever reason it'd be time to go with a coolidor. I can fit a good amount more in there though and I plan to as I've heard it should be at least half full at all times for RH.

No laughing matter.......That is a nice looking humi and some nice smokes! Now go buy the biggest cooler you can find and plan on buying one every year for a while :D

I really do not see anything wrong with eithe the humi or the sticks inside. We all started somewhere and generally most of us did not start off with huge humidors/coolerdors and 100's of sticks. Personally, I love the tobacco leaf inlay humi and have wanted one for some time. Your selection of smokes, although small compared to many here, has a nice variety and some real winners in there!

- Jason

Very nicely put JAW.
That is a nice humidor with the tobaco leaf inlay. If you ever grow out of it, and into bigger things, you might perhaps be able to take it to work and keep it on your desk, or whatever workspace area you have. I can't smoke at work, but there's something soothing about having cigars with me, and being able to open her up and take a nice smell inside.
I also get to go into town every other day to smoke on my lunch break............As much as I spend in there, my local owner does not mind if I carry in from my own stash to sit and smoke.

Looks like a good starting point. I, too, have very few smokes in my humi, but I like to keep fewer cigars, that are of good quality, which seems to be your style.

We cant all afford boxes upon boxes, so keep on truckin!

Hey, that's more than what I started with! Kingantz <---- ziploc with a wet sponge! :laugh: As already said, that's a nice looking humi with the leaf inlay. Looks like you've got good taste in cigars as well! Congrats!

Edited to add....GO BIGGER! :D

It's bigger and got more smokes than my humi. Of course I'm just a newb as well ;)

I used to have a humi just like that one. It was a bit small for my stash, but it was quite nice to look at! Very beautiful top on that one! Congrats!

I think it looks great and you appear to be well on your way!

Your selection of smokes, although small compared to many here, has a nice variety and some real winners in there!

Thanks! I'm thankful for the generosity of a couple of the members here for helping me score some of my first Opus. Unfortunately for my wallet, I LOVE THEM!

But of everything I've smoked to this day, I think my new favorite is fast becoming those Tatuaje red label Hermosos. With that said, I still haven't had any of those '64 Padrons in my humi, nor have I had any brown label tats (or black for that matter) so my "favorite" I'm sure will be ever changing. :D

My B&M doesn't have a contract with Davidoff either, so if I want any of those I have to make a trip down to Holt's in the city but from what I hear I should have done that long ago anyway!

Fair warning, I have that humidor and the top part (apparently they glue on something with that leaf image on it) peeled off... It's now in the closet upside down, empty, until I figure out how to fix all the chipped pieces.

Nice set up.

You are going to love that humidor, I have the same exact model, with the same digital hygrometer and 4oz of 65% HF beads. Pretty much the same set up as yours. I have had mine a bit over a year now and I love it, good seal holds RH very stable and looks great.

I also have a frigidor with about 16 boxes in it, but my desk top is the on deck area. I keep all my about to be smoked sticks in it.

Great selection, and bud you are going to love the Padrons.

Very nice set up :thumbs:

Smoke them and enjoy them. ;)

Brian

Ouch! How long before it started doing that?

Well I'll enjoy it and if I have the misfortune of that same thing happening to me down the road... all things considered it's an inexpensive humidor (relatively) and replacing it won't hurt as bad as if I paid hundreds of dollars :\

I'll keep my eye on it though thx for the heads up.

Fair warning, I have that humidor and the top part (apparently they glue on something with that leaf image on it) peeled off... It's now in the closet upside down, empty, until I figure out how to fix all the chipped pieces.

Ouch! How long before it started doing that?

I got mine in the winter, and it started to do it as the spring - summer heat kicked up that year.

Well I'll enjoy it and if I have the misfortune of that same thing happening to me down the road... all things considered it's an inexpensive humidor (relatively) and replacing it won't hurt as bad as if I paid hundreds of dollars :\

Bingo, but it works fine, so don't worry about function. Just watch the top part carefully. :thumbs: